“IMPROVE YOUR LUNCH LIFE” INSTANT WIN GAME & GRAND PRIZE
SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO PLAY OR WIN. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE AND OLDER AND WHO ARE PHYSICALLY LOCATED AND RESIDE IN THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES OR DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA.
VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- ELIGIBILITY: “Improve Your Lunch Life” Instant Win Game & Grand Prize Sweepstakes (the “Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, 18 years of age and older, who are physically located and reside in the fifty (50) United States or District of Columbia at time of entry (“Eligible Participant”). Void in Puerto Rico & where prohibited. Employees, directors, officers, and distributors, and their immediate families (spouse; parents, children, or siblings, and each of their respective spouses as applicable), and the respective household members, of Pepperidge Farm, Inc. (“Sponsor”), its affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies and Tenthwave Digital LLC are not eligible to enter. Promotion is subject to all federal, state, and local laws. U.S. law governs this Promotion.
PROMOTION TIMING: The Promotion begins at 12:00:00 PM Eastern Time (ET) on 3/10/14 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on 4/16/14 (“Promotion Period”).
- HOW TO ENTER: This Promotion consists of two components: (a) an Instant Win Game and (b) a Grand Prize Sweepstakes.
INSTANT WIN GAME: There are two entry methods to obtain a code to play the Instant Win Game: (1) Look for entry codes on stickers (“game piece”) found inside packages of the following Pepperidge Farm Sandwich and Swirl Breads (excluding Party Breads): Whole Grain, Very Thin, Farmhouse, White, Light Style, Rye, Pumpernickel, Italian, Carb Style, 16 oz. Variety Loaves (Stone Ground 100% Whole Wheat and Oatmeal) and Swirl breads. Peel off and open game piece, each of which contains one entry code. (2) Visit www.improveyourlunchlife.com (the “Game Site”) and click the link “Need a Code” A pop up box with the free code will appear. To play, visit the Game Site and enter the entry code, your email, and the provided captcha code and click “Play Instant Win” (“Game Play”). Winning messages will be seeded randomly by Sponsor throughout the Promotion Period. Once you have submitted your entry code, if you are the first player to play the Instant Win Game at or after one of the randomly seeded times, you will be forwarded to a webpage informing you that you are a potential winner. On this page, you must fill in your first and last name, email address, and mailing address to become the winner of the prize indicated, subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these Official Rules. If you do not receive a prize winning message, you are not an instant winner. Returning players will only be required to enter their email addresses. Limit one (1) Game Play per email address per day during the Promotion Period. For clarity, an Eligible Participant may only use one code per day, either a code found inside packages or a free code through the Game site, not both, per email per day. Subsequent Game Plays submitted by the same email address on the same day will be void. Game Play must be completed during the Promotion Period in order to be valid. Proof of Game Play and/or winning that is generated or provided by an entrant shall not be considered proof of playing and/or winning by Sponsor. Game Play must be made by 11:59:59 PM ET on 4/16/14, when the Instant Win Game ends. Limit one (1) Instant Win prize per person/email address during the Promotion Period. All Instant Win Prizes not awarded during the Promotion Period will be awarded in the Second Chance Random Drawing (see below). All players, regardless of whether or not they are a winner, will automatically be entered in the Second Chance Random Drawing and the Grand Prize Sweepstakes Random Drawing (see below). Game Plays made with the same or multiple email addresses, under same or multiple identities or through the use of any agent or other device or artifice to play multiple times in a day will be deemed invalid. Incomplete Game Plays not complying with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification and will be deemed void. Registrations/Game Plays that have been generated by a script, macro, bot or any other automated means will be deemed void. Registrations/Game Plays that are mechanically reproduced, copied, illegible, incomplete or inaccurate are void. All materials submitted in connection with the Promotion become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. If a dispute results as to the identity of an online participant, it will be determined that the online registration/Game Play was submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address provided on the registration form. For these purposes, the authorized account holder is the natural person assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Releasees (as defined below) are not responsible for late, lost, incomplete, illegible, damaged, inaccurate, delayed or misdirected Game Plays.
TO ENTER THE GRAND PRIZE SWEEPSTAKES: All Instant Win Game players, regardless of whether they are a winner, will automatically be entered in the Grand Prize Sweepstakes when they play the Instant Win Game during the Promotion Period. Limit one (1) entry per email address per day during the Promotion Period. Subsequent entries submitted by the same email address on the same day will be void. One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded in the Grand Prize Sweepstakes.
SECOND CHANCE DRAWING: Any unclaimed Instant Win Prizes will be awarded in the Second Chance Random Drawing. If an Eligible Participant has already won an Instant Win Prize but wishes to be entered in the Random Drawings, he/she may click on the link to play the Instant Win Game. They will not be served another Game Play, but will be automatically entered in the Grand Prize Sweepstakes and Second Chance Random Drawings. Entries must be received by 11:59:59 PM ET on 4/16/14 in order to be eligible. Random Drawings will be conducted on 4/18/14 by Tenthwave Digital LLC, an independent judging organization, from among all eligible entries received. Winners, if any, will be notified by U.S. mail. Decisions of the judges will be final and binding on all matters relating to this Promotion.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION AND VERIFICATION: Potential Instant Win Game winners will receive immediate notification online, subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these Official Rules. Potential Grand Prize Sweepstakes winner (and any winner of an Instant Win prize not awarded during the Instant Win Game) will be notified on or about 4/18/14 by electronic mail. Potential Grand Prize Sweepstakes winner will be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility and liability release and where legal, a publicity release and federal and state tax release, and return these documents, properly executed, by mail within 7 days of date of issuance of notification. Potential Instant Win Prize winners may be required to verify their mailing address and/or other eligibility prior to issuance of a prize. A potential winner will be disqualified and the prize may be awarded to an alternate potential winner for any of the following reasons: failure to return any or all documents, fully executed, within the specified time period; a prize or prize notification being returned as undeliverable; a potential winner not complying with any of these Official Rules; or Sponsor’s inability to contact a potential winner within a reasonable time. If any winner is eligible but still considered a minor in his/her state of residence, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian who will be responsible for fulfilling all requirements imposed on winners set forth herein these Official Rules, including without limitation the execution of any necessary documents. Allow 6–8 weeks for delivery of a prize. Limit one Instant Win prize per person/email address. All claimed prizes will be awarded.
- PRIZES: GRAND PRIZE SWEEPSTAKES: One (1) Grand Prize: $25,000 awarded in the form of a check. Approximate Retail Value (ARV): $25,000. INSTANT WIN GAME PRIZES: One hundred ninety (190) First Prizes: $35 Movie Gift Card. ARV: $35/each. Four thousand, nine hundred seventy-eight (4,978) Second Prizes: A Free Coupon good on one (1) loaf of Pepperidge Farm bread. ARV: $4.29/each. Total ARV of all prizes: $53,005.62. Terms and conditions related to Gift Card and coupon apply.
All taxes and any other costs not specifically stated within these Official Rules are the sole responsibility of the winners. Prizes may not be transferred, substituted or redeemed for cash, except at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if advertised prize is unavailable at the time the prize is awarded.
- ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning an Instant Win Game First Prize: 1 in 5,263; Odds of winning an Instant Win Game Second Prize: 1 in 201. Odds of winning any instant win prize: 1 in 194. Odds based upon an estimate of one (1) million Game Plays transacted over the Promotion Period; actual odds of winning will depend upon the actual number of game plays transacted. Odds of winning the Grand Prize in the Grand Prize Sweepstakes are dependent on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. Odds of winning an unclaimed Instant Win Game prize in the Second Chance Random Drawing are dependent on the number of eligible entries received and the number of prizes not awarded during the Instant Win Game.
- CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: By participating, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules including all eligibility requirements. All materials submitted in connection with the Promotion become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. By accepting a prize, a winner consents to the use of his/her name, image, likeness, photograph, voice and biographical material and entry submission for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes by Sponsor, or a party designated by Sponsor, in any and all media now known or hereafter invented, including but not limited to, any online announcements, or for sharing this information with the press for viewing, whether TV or print, throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification or permission, except where prohibited by law. Eligible Participants agree to abide by the terms of these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges and Sponsor, which are final, and waive any right to claim ambiguity in these Official Rules.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: PARTICIPANTS HEREBY AGREE TO RELEASE, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, AND TENTHWAVE DIGITAL LLC, THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, DIVISIONS, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, DISTRIBUTORS, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES AND SHAREHOLDERS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASEES”) FROM ANY CLAIMS, ACTIONS, INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATING IN THE PROMOTION OR FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE AWARDED OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS A COMPREHENSIVE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY THAT APPLIES TO ALL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION) COMPENSATORY, DIRECT, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES; LOSS OF DATA, INCOME, OR PROFIT; LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY; AND CLAIMS OF THIRD PARTIES. PARTICIPANTS AGREE THAT RELEASEES HAVE NOT MADE NOR ARE IN ANY MANNER RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR GUARANTEE, STATUTORY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE PROMOTION OR THE PRIZE AWARDED. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, RELEASEES DO NOT MAKE ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS WITH RESPECT TO ANY PROMOTIONAL WEB SITE AND RELEASEES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE CONSEQUENCES OF ANY INTERRUPTIONS OR ERRORS RELATED THERETO. Releasees are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, illegible, inaccurate, delayed, garbled, damaged, stolen or misdirected communications, or problems of any kind, whether mechanical, human or electronic. Releasees are not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, inability to access a website, inability to play the Instant Win Game, or fraud, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions or inaccurate transcription of entry information, whether caused by Sponsor, users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions which may damage a user’s system or limit a participant’s ability to participate in the Promotion. Releases are not responsible for late, lost, incomplete, illegible, damaged, or misdirected Game Plays. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend part or all of the Promotion at any time without notice, if in the judges’ opinion there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Promotion, or if any virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or integrity and proper play of the Promotion or for any other reason in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor may void any entries they suspect are at issue and award a prize from among all non-suspect eligible entries received up to the date of cancellation. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR ANY ONLINE SERVICE RELATED TO THE PROMOTION OR TO OTHERWISE UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of such term or any other provision. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any participant who violates the rules or interferes with the Promotion in any manner. If a participant is disqualified, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate such participant’s eligibility to participate in the Promotion. Any attempt by an individual to access any website associated with the Promotion via a bot script or other brute force attack or any other unauthorized means will result in the IP address becoming ineligible. Use of automated entry devices or programs is prohibited.
- NUMBER OF PRIZES: No more than the listed number of prizes will be awarded. In the event of a printing, production, technical or human error, or for any other reason, the number of winning Game Plays exceeds the number of prizes listed in these Official Rules for that level, Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a random drawing from among all non-suspect, eligible prize claims received to award the listed number of prizes for that level.
- DISPUTES; GOVERNING LAW. The parties waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules, including, without limitation, the Sweepstakes. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or the Sweepstakes shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of New Jersey, City of Camden.
THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE INTERPRETATION OF ITS TERMS SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY WITHOUT REGARD TO ITS CONFLICTS OF LAWS RULES. For any matters which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in these Official Rules and/or in connection with the entering of any judgment on an arbitration award in connection with these Official Rules and/or the Sweepstakes, the parties irrevocably submit and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located in or closest to the County of Camden in the State of New Jersey. The parties agree not to raise the defense of forum non conveniens.
- WINNERS’ LIST: For the names of the winners, available after 5/29/14, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope by 5/29/14 to: Improve Your Lunch Life IWG & Sweepstakes Winners, P.O. Box 997, Plainview, NY 11803-0997.
- SPONSOR & ADMINISTRATOR: The Sponsor of this Promotion is Pepperidge Farm, Inc., 595 Westport Avenue, Norwalk, CT 06851. Administrator: Tenthwave Digital LLC, 35 Pinelawn Road, Suite 207W, Melville, NY 11747.
©Copyright 2014 Tenthwave Digital LLC. All rights reserved. Entrants may copy these official rules for the sole purpose of personal use and not for any commercial purpose whatsoever.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
Open to legal residents of the 50 U.S. States and District of Columbia, 18 and older.
Limit one game play per email per day. Ends 4/16/14. In-pack codes available while supplies last. Click on the “Need A Code”
to get a free code. Void in P.R. and where prohibited. For Official Rules & details, click here